PRESS RELEASE: SBG Bigfork Athletes Medal At Regional Tournament
Spokane, WA, January 6, 2018 – Northwest Open Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Tournament
SBG Bigfork’s Will Allen and Head Coach Cody Bessette medaled in the Northwest Open Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Tournament in Spokane, WA on Saturday, January 6th. This marks SBG Bigfork’s second tournament since opening its doors in September.
Allen won two gold medals in Masters 1 White Belt Gi and No Gi Novice. He shared of the experience:
“This moment in my journey is one that I will never forget. It is inspiring to be led by Coach Cody. Without a doubt all of the successes garnished this past weekend are a direct result of his mentoring, teaching and coaching.”
Competitors from SBG Whitefish also participated in the event: Paul Downing, Bella Downing, and Tanner Downing. Bessette took the opportunity to coach these competitors while at the event.
Head Coach Cody Bessette shared:
“It was an honor to coach such wonderful people. The humility our tribe displayed was world-class. To have SBG North (Whitefish) and SBG Bigfork come together and represent the organization truly exemplifies what tribe is all about. I couldn’t be more proud to be a part of this experience with each one of our competitors. This is SBG, you will be okay!”
For more information about Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Judo, Yoga, and Fitness call (406) 420-2888, email at email@example.com, or visit the website at www.sbgmontana.com.
- Will Allen- Two gold medals – Masters 1 (30+) White Belt Gi, and No Gi Novice 186-205 lbs.
- Cody Bessette – Two silver medals – Adult Purple Belt Gi and expert No Gi 186-205 lbs.
- Paul Downing – Silver in No Gi – Masters 1 (30+) White Belt Gi, and No Gi novice 166-185 lbs.
- Bella Downing – Two gold medals – Girls’ Grey Belt Gi and No Gi Intermediate 67-76 lbs.
- Tanner Downing – Two bronze medals – Boys’ Grey Belt Gi and No Gi Beginner 67-76 lbs