GROWING UP WITH SBG
Sign Up for a FREE Private Lesson Today!
KIDS MARTIAL ARTS
GROWING STRONGER, HEALTHIER, HAPPIER CHILDREN
Growing Gorillas – SBG’s kids martial arts curriculum – combines the discipline of martial arts and yoga training with personal development and life skills. Kids of all ages and abilities at Straight Blast Gym become independent thinkers and compassionate leaders, learning to navigate all of life’s challenges.
All age groups learn BJJ and complete the life skills homework in a way that is conducive to their age level.
- Micro Monkeys (3-5 years)
- Spider Monkeys (5-7 years)
- Chimpanzees (7-8 years)
- Juniors (9-12 & 13-15 years)
The Growing Gorillas life skills homework takes the discipline and respect that martial arts teaches off the mat and builds those skills in a child’s life at school and in the home.
Build confidence to stand up for themselves, be assertive, & bully-proof
- Learn how to set goals & follow through with them
- Approach obstacles with a positive attitude & a growth mindset
- Practical self defense skills that can be applied to real life situations
- A consistent, year-round athletics program that makes physical activity a lifestyle while having fun.
"Parker has trained at SBG for about 2 years. We've noticed big improvements in his ability to focus and pay attention to the instructor during class."
"I feel like I have finally found something that I really love doing. I hope that more people get to find the experience of yoga like I have. It’s changing my life as we speak."
"Everything about it has been positive – the people, the camaraderie. I really enjoy the one-on-one individual attention. It’s not just going to the gym and going through the motions. It’s something different every single time.”