Love What You Eat
How you eat is just as important as what you eat. When you maintain good rituals around your meal, you can get the most nutrients while still enjoying them to the fullest!
- Ditch the diet – make small food changes slowly and be easy on yourself. If you mess up, ask a buddy to keep you accountable, and remember you can start again tomorrow.
- Eat real food – get rid of the processed junk or at least start to minimize your intake. Eat an apple, carrot, or avocado for a snack versus a granola bar, chips or crackers.
- Eat the rainbow – choose a colorful plate of food and eat variety of veggies, whole grains, and lean proteins.
Drink water before your meals to help with portion control.
- Slow down and CHEW your food, that’s what your teeth are for! Often we rush through our meals, chew at least 20 times before you swallow each bite, this will help regulate food intake if you tend to over eat.
- Eating clean = no processed foods, refined sugars or oils.
- Eat what you love in moderation.